I will be the first one to say that I am a horrible speller and my grammar is not always %100. So I am asking for your forgiveness up front. Please do not judge. We all have strengths and weaknesses in life. One of my major weaknesses is spelling and correct grammar when typing. Yes I know I am a teacher but at school I am on my toes about these things. This is meant to be a fun and POSITIVE adventure!!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Swagbucks= Amazon Gift Cards YAY!!


Have you ever used Swagbucks before?? If not or you are wondering what in the world I am talking about you can click on the link above to get more info. Pretty much in a nut shell it is a search engine that rewards you for using their site. I am not a crazy obsessed Swagbucks person, some people are. I just use it when I remember to. Over the period of I would say six months I earned a little over 1500 Swagbucks. That's not that much considering there are more ways to earn Swagbucks than just using them to search the internet. But that's how I earn mine. 
So I wanted to share with you how I "cashed" in some of my Swagbucks. The Swagbucks store has an ok assortment of gift cards you can choose form when you decide to "cash" in your Swagbucks. I decided the only thing that I could really ever see myself using was an Amazon gift card. Until this Christmas I was not an online shopper. Boy was I missing out!!! I feel like there is so much more out there online. You can get the gift cards in different dollar amounts, I decided to go for the $5.00 Amazon gift card. They are 450 Swagbucks a piece and it takes almost 2 weeks to be added to the gift card section of your Swagbucks tool bar. My advice is do not try to cash in your Swagbucks and order right away. Just a little heads up, I didn't know that and was kind bummed when I had to wait a little to use my Amazon card. 
The Swagbucks were finally posted to my account after what seemed like forever, I know I am very impatient. So the next question was what am I going to spend my gift cards on. Well over Christmas break Anneliese perfected rolling over both ways on the floor. But for some reason when she was in her bed when she would roll over onto her belly and could not get back over. She would scream until we went into her room and flipped her back over onto her back. David and I were getting up like 5 and  6 times a night for a week. So one night I got out a Carter's wearable blanket that she had and put it on her to see if it would help and it did. I could not believe it, putting her in a wearable blanket did the trick. No more flipping her over in the middle of the night YAY!! There was only one problem she was almost too long for the Carter's wearable blanket that we had for her. I ended up buying her a Halo sleep sack from Amazon. These retail in stores for a little over $25.00. I did some research and decided to go with the Halo Deluxe Velboa Sleepsack. It is not too hot or too cold. I love the fabric it kinda feels like minky dot fabric but with out the dots. I cashed in my $15 in gift cards and my total came down from $21.99 to $6.99. I am a member of AmazonMom (its free) so I got 2 day free shipping. I was so excited to get a $26 Awesome sleep sack for $6.99. I would definitely recommend checking out Swagbucks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment