I will be the first one to say that I am a horrible speller and my grammar is not always %100. So I am asking for your forgiveness up front. Please do not judge. We all have strengths and weaknesses in life. One of my major weaknesses is spelling and correct grammar when typing. Yes I know I am a teacher but at school I am on my toes about these things. This is meant to be a fun and POSITIVE adventure!!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Getting EXTRA CARE BUCKS to COVER TAX


So I have been trying to figure out how to get Extra Care Bucks from CVS to cover tax. If you follow online coupon blogs you may see that people from other states are coming out very little out of pocket. Some website will tell you a certain order to give your coupons so you can get the best deal possible. Most coupon blogs that I have found are composed out of state. The state that you are purchasing your items in will effect how you hand over your coupons and ECB. In Tennessee ECB can not cover tax if handed over last, but coupons can. 
So I tried this out tonight. I gave my CVS coupon first (5 off 30) then my ECB and my coupons last. My total was 45 cents out of pocket. This will take some figuring out, it does take a little extra time. I looked at the ad before I left the house and knew that I was going to buy 7 FINISH. CVS had buy $20 get $10 ECB back. I knew I wanted to do that . My friend Amanda told me this morning that she got a $5 off $30. Well I didn't get it but I googled it and found it online. I printed it off and wanted to use it. I needed to figure out what coupons I had to use so I could have the least amount out of pocket to get to $30 before coupons. I had an Aussie buy one get one and a $1.00 off Aussie. The Aussie was on sale for 2.99 and I got two. I also had a $2.00 off Gillette coupon and the Gillette was on sale for $2.49. All of this added got my total to $29 something. The total had to be $30 without tax so I added the Twix. The Twix had an 89 cent ECB. This got me a little over $30.
*Side Note I had to go back and get something to add to my purchase while I was checking out because I was negative $1.13 when the tax was added. That's why I have the deodorant ($1.99)

Here is My receipt... 
You can click on it to see it better :)
 I saved $63.92 
Got back $10.49 in ECB

I hope this helps you out the next time that you going shopping at CVS. After you get home come back here and let me know what DEALS you SCORED!!


HAPPY COUPONING!!!

2 comments:

Casey said...

I'm convinced that CVS has better deals for couponing than Walgreens. I'm so not impressed with their specials.

LieseyLouLou said...

Yeah Casey, I am def. a CVS girl!!. WAGS has to many rules. I think CVS has way better deals too!!

Post a Comment