I will be the first one to say that I am a horrible speller and my grammar is not always %100. So I am asking for your forgiveness up front. Please do not judge. We all have strengths and weaknesses in life. One of my major weaknesses is spelling and correct grammar when typing. Yes I know I am a teacher but at school I am on my toes about these things. This is meant to be a fun and POSITIVE adventure!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bath Tissue and Paper Towel Haul

CVS has a deal going on this week SPEND $25 get $10 ECB back. The Limit on this deal is 2 per household. So pretty much spend $50 (before coupons) and get $20 ECB back.When I first started couponing I was told that "you can't be brand loyal." I had been holding out on my Viva Paper Towels and Cottonelle Bath Tissue (the purple kind). Well that has come and gone!! I have found that we are going through so many paper towels!! I just can't believe it. I was starting to feel bad for using so many of my "good" Viva paper towels. So I have started using Scott. They are not the softest in the world but hey they get the job done. I held out a little longer on the bath tissue. I just love my purple Cottonelle. The Extra Soft Scott is still not as soft but it's not "Tech Squares" either.
I also wanted to share with you something that I learned today. This deal is a GREAT example to use.
This week special is spend $25 get $10 ECB. 
I completed 2 different transactions
In the first transaction I purchased (3) $10 items equaling $30 (not including tax). That total is $5 over the needed amount to receive the $10 ECB in the spend $25 get $10 ECB back. The $5 that I went over will transfer over to the next transaction in the same deal. That is why in my second transaction I only had to purchase $20.The computer will add the $5 from the 1st transaction to the second transaction equaling $25. On the second transaction I only spent $20 out of pocket (before coupons) and the computer added the $5 that I spent over on the 1st transaction = $25 so I could get $10 ECB back and only spend $20. 
(This way before coupons you would only spend $50 instead of $60.) You can only do this if the limit is over 1 per household and its with in the same deal.

Here's the deal... I did two different transactions. 
The first transaction was (2) bath tissues and one paper towel pack and (2) .89 Twix bars. I had (2) $1.00 off CVS Twix coupons so the Twix were a money maker. Other coupons I used on the first transaction were .. an 89 cent, $5, and (2) $10 ECB. One 75 cent off bath tissue and $2.00 off bath tissue and paper towels.

The second Transaction was a bath tissue and a paper towel pack.  I used my $10 ECB earned from the first transaction (this is called rolling) and another $2.00 off  bath tissue and paper towels. I received $10 in ECB back to use next week.  
$2.00 of bath tissue and paper towels coupon
Below is my receipts...
(click on the pic to make it bigger)
All that to say 3 packages of bath tissue and 2 packages of paper towels for $9.14 before tax and $14.13 including tax. This is money spent out of pocket and does not include the ECB that I have to use next time.
 *SAVED $69.59*
I have $10 in ECB that I will use next week. 
I think this is a pretty good deal. 
Hope that all made sense!!

Happy Couponing!!!!

I wanted to say hey to Susie L. 
She was couponing at CVS tonight too!!
"HI SUSIE"

No comments:

Post a Comment