I will be the first one to say that I am a horrible speller and my grammar is not always %100. So I am asking for your forgiveness up front. Please do not judge. We all have strengths and weaknesses in life. One of my major weaknesses is spelling and correct grammar when typing. Yes I know I am a teacher but at school I am on my toes about these things. This is meant to be a fun and POSITIVE adventure!!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Coupon Order for Checking Out at CVS



I went to CVS tonight. I got 2 big things of Listerine Mouthwash and a tub of Similac formula. The mouthwash was on sale this week spend $10 get $5 back in ECB. I had a coupon for a FREE tub of formula ( coupon for $24.99) AND (2) $2.00 off mouthwash coupons. I also had a $5.00 Extra Care Buck that will ring up on my receipt as CVS MFR COUPON and a $2.00 Extra that will ring up on my receipt as CVS MFR COUPON.

My total before coupons was $40.52
Here is how the receipt breaks down

I wanted to mention the order I gave my coupons and ECB in. I gave my ECB first and then my coupons. If I had a CVS coupon like $5 OFF $25 I would have given it first. The reason for this is you have to have $25 before coupons to get this type of coupon to work. So anyways I gave my ECB first, so look at this receipt again. My total should have been $2.95 but where I gave my ECB first it put me into the negative that's why there is a negative sign beside of the $1.00 where it says subtotal. That negative dollar was leftover from my coupons. Coupons can cover tax ECB cannot. So the negative dollar was applied bringing what I owed from $2.95 down to $1.95. So ALWAYS give the CVS dollar amount off coupon first (if you have one), then your ECB and your Manufacturers coupons last. 

All in all I spent $1.95, SAVED $38.57 and got back $6.00 in ECB for my next trip.

You see on my receipt where it says Green Bag Tag. Those are little green leafs that attatch to your key ring that are for sale for $1.00 at the front of the store. Every 4th time you scan it you get and EXTRA CARE BUCK. You can only scan it once a day, but it's totally worth it. Pick you up one the next time you are in CVS. Its FREE MONEY!!

I wanted to thank my "COUPONING BFF" Cayci for coming along for the adventure. 

HAPPY COUPONING!!!

1 comment:

kristi said...

that is awesome! i am glad you said the order for ecb and manufacturer coupons....i have been doing it the other way around!!!

Post a Comment