I will be the first one to say that I am a horrible speller and my grammar is not always %100. So I am asking for your forgiveness up front. Please do not judge. We all have strengths and weaknesses in life. One of my major weaknesses is spelling and correct grammar when typing. Yes I know I am a teacher but at school I am on my toes about these things. This is meant to be a fun and POSITIVE adventure!!

Monday, January 3, 2011

CVS 1-3-2011

So a lot of people have been asking me how I shop at CVS and make/use Extra Care Bucks. I am no expert on this but here is what I have learned so far. When you buy something (with a coupon of course) that gives you Extra Care Bucks (ECB) you want to to use those ECB that you have earned and purchase items that will give you more ECB. For example today I have $9.50 in ECB that I earned from my last quarter spending. So I am going to purchase items that we need that will give me ECB. So to make the long story short I am using ECB and making sure I get ECB back. So today I will use $9.50 in ECB to pay for four 2pk toothbrushes and 4 bottles of Excedrin. The coupons that I have... (1) buy one get one Reach Toothbrush, (3) $1.00 off Reach Toothbrushes, (3) Free Excedrin and (1) $1.00 off Excedrin. The BIG COUPON that I have is a $5.00 off $25.00. The $25.00 is BEFORE COUPONS!!! 

Here is the Breakdown.... 
Reach Deal Spend $10.00 and get $5.00 in ECB.
So I am going to buy four 2 pk Reach Toohbrushes this totals $12.00 I am going to use my B1G1, (3) $1.00 OFF. The total on this after coupons is $6.00. REMEMBER I will be getting $5.00 in ECB back.

Excedrin Deal Spend $20.00 and get $10 in ECB 
I am going to buy 4 bottles of Excedrin this totals $21.96. I am going to use (3) Free Excedrin and (1) $1.00 OFF. The total after coupons will be $4.49 REMEMBER I will be getting back $10.00 in ECB.

Here is how its will look on the screen at 
CVS TOTAL...
$37.19
-$5.00 OFF $25.00
= $32.18, 

 $32.18
-$3.00(B1G1)
=  $29.19, 
                         
$29.19
-$3.00 (3) ($1.00 OFF)
= $26.18,

$26.18
- (3) (Free Excedrin)$16.47
=$9.71,

$9.71
-(1) ($1.00 off)
= $8.72

I am going to pay using $9.50 in ECB (try to get as close as you can to your the amount of ECB that you are going to use they will not give you  back what you do not spend)


To sum it all up I used $9.50 in ECB that I had earned before this trip. I used it to buy items that I NEEDED. In return I got $15 in ECB to use on my next CVS trip.

When you get ECB use them to buy items that will give you more ECB!!!



HAPPY COUPONING :)

2 comments:

Casey said...

This feels like higher math to me. And I have a finance degree. Maybe it's the pregnancy brain making this hard.

LieseyLouLou said...

Lol Casey!! If I can do it ANYONE can!!!

Post a Comment